- Be at least seventeen (17) years of age
- Read at a minimum 5th-grade reading level. (passing reading test administered)
- Perform simple math functions at a 7th-grade level(passing math test administered)
- Provide a Physical Exam/Health Form completed by physician which states
- Applicant is in good general health free from infectious or communicable disease
- can lift 40 pounds of weight..
- includes a negative TB screening test (either 2-step PPD or chest x-ray if PPD is positive) done within past 12 months.
- Clear a criminal background check which is free from any felonies or other prohibitive offenses. Click here to see list of prohibited offences or check with the admissions Office
Program Completion/Certificate Awards
Upon successful completion of the Nurse Aide Training Program students will receive a Certification of Completion from Philadelphia Academy for Nurse Aide Training, and a Certification in CPR and First Aid.
Graduates of the PANAT CNA Program are eligible to sit for the Pennsylvania Competency Examination. Graduates who successfully pass both the skills examination and the written examination will be listed on the Pennsylvania Department of Health Registry.
The cost to take this exam is $102.00. Pennsylvania State Competency Exams are conducted at locations throughout the Philadelphia area. The exam is licensed by the American Red Cross. All graduates will receive proper notification of the times, location, and dates of the tests.
Philadelphia Academy For Nurse Aide Training, Inc. (PANAT) will not discriminate in its educational program, activities, or employment practices, based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, union membership, marital status or any other legally protected classification. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Peg Pearson, 215-495 3473
PANAT also offers CNA certification classes at Nursing homes or other facilities offering employee enrichment opportunities. If you are interested in exploring this opportunity at your facility please contact us